IS YOUR BUSINESS CARD MAKING AN IMPRESSION
So after much consideration I finally decided to get some business cards made. Yes, my blog is new, very new in fact, only 5 months old; so I have a lot of catching up to do and of course things do not happen overnight. I’ve worked the corporate life for years, and have always had a business card, but since blogging/vlogging is so new to me I had no idea what to add. What do people expect to see on a bloggers business card; I don’t have an address to add, I don’t want to add my telephone number so what now!
After searching the net for hours I came across 2 sites that I found extremely helpful in giving the right pointers. If you are interested, here are the links to both: blogcharity.com and heytherehome.com.
So what is expected on a bloggers/vloggers business card?
- Blog/Vlog Name/Logo, this is a must, and since most people may only know you by this, make sure it stands out!
- Slogan if your blog has one; if you use a particular hashtag that you are trying to make your own, get that on there too!
- Your Full Name
- What you actually do, i.e. Blogger/Vlogger. If your card works it way into someones hands that have no idea what you do and have never seen your logo etc, then its an important point. I mean if you are in sales, you would mention that under your company name right!
- What type of blogger/vlogger. i.e. fashion, lifestyle, IT etc.
- Website URL
- E-mail address
- Social media.. make sure you add all your social media, or at least the main ones; along with your social media name so you can be easily found.
- Photo, this one I added to the bottom of the list, as I think it can be a good idea and it certainly gets you recognised, especially if you are a fashion blogger, but its not a necessity and I didn’t add it to mine; mainly because of the type of business card I went with.
You’ll want your cards to be given a second look, otherwise why spend all that money getting them printed, only for them to end up in the bottom of a bag or worse yet, the bin. Colour always attracts the eye, or try snazzing them up a bit with some overlays, textures, foils and make use of embossing if available.
For my cards, I wanted something that people would look at and use without it breaking or being worn, so I decided to go with a brushed stainless steel front with all my info, and then have a mirrored back with my #hastag at the top. Doing it this way meant I couldn’t add colour, but I hoped that the material used and the useable mirror would make up for that! Obviously the cost for these would be slightly higher than card, but because I designed them, and shopped around for cheaper materials that would have minor or no distortion on the mirror side, I managed to save a few pennies.. Bonus!
I would love to hear from you.. are you looking around for business cards and want a little help with designing, I’m available. Or do you already have some awesome cards, I would love to see; hey I may even subscribe!
Happy Friday to you all & stay Fabulous!